Put a little fun in your meals
If you involve your children in shopping, planning, and cooking, they may be more likely to want to eat the food they have helped prepare.
Find ways to involve them in the cooking process
It’s no secret, children love to be involved.
- Look for a healthy, kid-friendly cookbook
- Choose recipes you can prepare together
- Find ways to involve them in cooking
- Help them take pride in the outcome
Take them shopping
When your children are old enough, take them grocery shopping with you.
- Know in advance some meals you’ll prepare
- Ask for your children to choose between two different vegetables or fruits
- Let them help decide which day to prepare “their meal”
Let them explore
Help your children create the dinner menu.
- Show them how to pick out the ingredients
- Let them help prepare the meal
- Encourage their creativity