Banana Yogurt Smoothies
- ½ cup milk
- 1 scoop PediaSure® Complete Vanilla
- ¼ cup yoghurt, plain
- 1 small ripe banana
- For variety, use flavoured yoghurt or add a scoop of ice cream
- Measure all ingredients into a blender jug.
- Blend until smooth and fluffy. Serve at once.
Brioche and Chocolate Cream Sandwich
- 250g brioche bread
- 100g 70% dark chocolate, grated
- 100g cream
- 25g butter
VariationsAdd fruit or nuts to the sandwich as desired.
- Cut the brioche into slices.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and sauté brioche slices until slightly golden on each side.
- In a sauce pan, bring the cream to a boil, remove from heat and pour over grated chocolate, blending thoroughly.
- Blend in PediaSure® Complete Chocolate until mixture is smooth.
- Spread the chocolate cream on one side of a brioche slice and place another brioche slice on the top.
Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 150g chocolate, roughly chopped
- 600mL fresh milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Top with berries and nuts as desired.
- Place 100g of the chopped chocolate with 200ml of milk in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted, take off the heat and allow mixture to cool to lukewarm.
- Add the remaining 400ml of milk, eggs, 3 tablespoons of sugar and PediaSure® Complete Vanilla to the chocolate mixture, stir until well mixed.
- Spread butter on the bread and cut into 2cm cubes.
- Divide bread into 10 small cups (teacups, small bowls or other small heatproof containers will do) and pour chocolate “custard’ over the bread, dunking the bread into the mixture to allow it to soak in well.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining one tablespoon of sugar over the bread (to create a crunchy topping).
- Place cups in a baking tray and pour in enough water to come up about 2 cm way up the cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven (160༠C) for about 30 minutes or until puddings are puffed up and custard is set. Serve warm or cold.
- 100g baking chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100ml fresh milk
- 70g butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 140g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 scoops PediaSure® Complete Chocolate
- 30g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp hot water
DirectionsFor the muffins:
- Place chopped chocolate, milk and butter in a heatproof bowl and place on top of a small pan of simmering water.
- Stir until chocolate and butter is melted.
- Take off the heat and add soft brown sugar, stir until sugar dissolves.
- When mixture is lukewarm, stir in eggs with a whisk.
- Sift self-raising flour and cocoa together.
- Place in a mixing bowl and stir in PediaSure® Complete and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in chocolate mixture.
- Stir, without beating, until mixture is smooth.
- Fill a paper-lined muffin tin with batter almost to the top, and bake in a preheated oven (180⁰ C) for 12-15 minutes or until well risen and a skewer or toothpick inserted in the centre of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on wire rack.
- Combine PediaSure® Complete Chocolate, icing sugar and hot water in a small bowl.
- Stir until well mixed, place bowl in microwave oven and heat on medium for 10 seconds.
- Stir till smooth and drizzle over cooled cupcakes.
Chocolate Waffles and Raspberry Jam
- 4 Waffles.
- 100g 70% dark chocolate, grated.
- ½ cup cream.
- 50g fresh raspberries.
- 50g raspberry jam.
- 2 scoops PediaSure® Complete Chocolate
- In a sauce pan, bring the cream to a boil, remove from heat and add in the grated chocolate, stirring continuously, blending until all the chocolate has melted.
- Once melted, add the PediaSure® Complete Chocolate to the mixture and stir.
- Coat one side of the waffles with the chocolate mixture, serve with raspberry jam and fresh raspberries.
- Add fruit and nuts as desired.
- For white chocolate cream, replace dark chocolate with white chocolate and add 50g more white chocolate.
Macaroni and Cheese
- ¾ cup (100 g) macaroni pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 scoops PediaSure Complete® Vanilla
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated tasty cheese, extra
Instructions on how to make it:
- Cook macaroni in boiling water according to pack instructions. Drain well.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk. Return to a medium heat and stir constantly until boiling. Lower heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir PediaSure Complete® and cheese into sauce. Mix macaroni with sauce and pour into a lightly greased 2-cup capacity oven proof dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and extra grated tasty cheese, sprinkle over macaroni. Bake at 200˚C for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown and hot.
- 255g potato, peeled and quartered.
- 162g sweet potato, peeled and quartered.
- 30g butter.
- 3g salt.
- ⅛ tsp white pepper, ground
- ¼ cup double cream
- 2 scoops PediaSure® Complete Vanilla
- Try a butternut and sweet potato combination as an alternative and add cinnamon to season along with the butter, salt and pepper.
- Boil potato and sweet potato in different saucepans until cooked.
- Drain potatoes and mash while hot.
- Mix together heavy cream and PediaSure® Complete Vanilla until well blended.
- Add to the mashed potatoes together with butter, salt and white pepper.
- Mix until just combined, but do not over mix.
- Serve immediately.
Peach Jellies (Gelatins)
- 160 ml syrup (from tinned peaches).
- 1 Tbsp gelatine granules
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 scoops PediaSure® Complete Vanilla
- 4 drained peach halves, cut into 1cm cubes
- Place peach syrup in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatine granules over it - without stirring.
- Set aside for 10 - 15 minutes until gelatine swells and absorbs the liquid.
- Set the bowl in a larger bowl containing hot water and stir gelatine mixture occasionally until gelatine melts and mixture is smooth.
- Stir PediaSure® Complete Vanilla into cold water until well mixed and add this to the melted gelatine.
- Divide cubed peaches between the cups and pour jelly over.
- Chill 1 - 2 hours until set.
- 150 mL sunflower oil
- 100g hazelnuts
- 150g sugar
- 100g bar of white chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 100g bar of milk chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 100g bar of dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 5 scoops chocolate PediaSure® Complete Chocolate
- 190 mL cold water
- Dissolve PediaSure® Complete Chocolate in 190ml water.
- Blend the sugar, hazelnuts and PediaSure® Complete Chocolate mixture in a blender until very smooth.
- Microwave the chocolate pieces for 2 minutes and stir until melted and well mixed.
- Combine the melted chocolate with the blended sugar, hazelnuts and PediaSure® Complete Chocolate mixture.
- Add the oil and stir until well combined.
- Store at room temperature in a glass jar.
PediaSure Health Bars
- 3 scoops PediaSure® Complete Vanilla
- 100 ml cold water
- 80g butter
- 100g castor sugar
- 60 ml golden syrup or honey
- 250g rolled oats
- 150g dried fruit mixture, diced, e.g. apricots, mango, cranberries, etc.
- 50g assorted seeds, sunflower, pumpkin, linseeds
- 60g coconut flakes
- 80g raisins or sultanas
- Pre-heat oven to 160⁰ C. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper and grease well.
- Dissolve PediaSure® Complete Vanilla in water.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter, sugar, and syrup.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Pour butter mixture over dry ingredients, mix well, and spoon into baking tin. NOTE: Use a spatula to level the surface of the mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Cool completely, cut into squares, and serve.