Banana Yogurt Smoothies
- ½ cup milk
- 1 scoop PediaSure® Vanilla
- ¼ cup yoghurt, plain
- 1 small ripe banana
- For variety, use flavoured yoghurt or add a scoop of ice cream
- Measure all ingredients into a blender jug.
- Blend until smooth and fluffy. Serve at once.
Brioche and Chocolate Cream Sandwich
- 250g brioche bread
- 100g 70% dark chocolate, grated
- 100g cream
- 25g butter
- PediaSure® Chocolate
VariationsAdd fruit or nuts to the sandwich as desired.
- Cut the brioche into slices.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and sauté brioche slices until slightly golden on each side.
- In a sauce pan, bring the cream to a boil, remove from heat and pour over grated chocolate, blending thoroughly.
- Blend in PediaSure® Chocolate until mixture is smooth.
- Spread the chocolate cream on one side of a brioche slice and place another brioche slice on the top.
- 100g baking chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100ml fresh milk
- 70g butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 140g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 scoops PediaSure® Chocolate
- 30g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp hot water
DirectionsFor the muffins:
- Place chopped chocolate, milk and butter in a heatproof bowl and place on top of a small pan of simmering water.
- Stir until chocolate and butter is melted.
- Take off the heat and add soft brown sugar, stir until sugar dissolves.
- When mixture is lukewarm, stir in eggs with a whisk.
- Sift self-raising flour and cocoa together.
- Place in a mixing bowl and stir in PediaSure® and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in chocolate mixture.
- Stir, without beating, until mixture is smooth.
- Fill a paper-lined muffin tin with batter almost to the top, and bake in a preheated oven (180⁰ C) for 12-15 minutes or until well risen and a skewer or toothpick inserted in the centre of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on wire rack.
- Combine PediaSure® Chocolate, icing sugar and hot water in a small bowl.
- Stir until well mixed, place bowl in microwave oven and heat on medium for 10 seconds.
- Stir till smooth and drizzle over cooled cupcakes.
Chocolate Waffles and Raspberry Jam
- 4 Waffles.
- 100g 70% dark chocolate, grated.
- ½ cup cream.
- 50g fresh raspberries.
- 50g raspberry jam.
- 2 scoops PediaSure® Chocolate
- In a sauce pan, bring the cream to a boil, remove from heat and add in the grated chocolate, stirring continuously, blending until all the chocolate has melted.
- Once melted, add the PediaSure® Chocolate to the mixture and stir.
- Coat one side of the waffles with the chocolate mixture, serve with raspberry jam and fresh raspberries.
- Add fruit and nuts as desired.
- For white chocolate cream, replace dark chocolate with white chocolate and add 50g more white chocolate.
Macaroni and Cheese
- ¾ cup (100 g) macaroni pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 scoops PediaSure® Vanilla
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated tasty cheese, extra
Instructions on how to make it:
- Cook macaroni in boiling water according to pack instructions. Drain well.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk. Return to a medium heat and stir constantly until boiling. Lower heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir PediaSure® and cheese into sauce. Mix macaroni with sauce and pour into a lightly greased 2-cup capacity oven proof dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and extra grated tasty cheese, sprinkle over macaroni. Bake at 200˚C for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown and hot.
- 255g potato, peeled and quartered.
- 162g sweet potato, peeled and quartered.
- 30g butter.
- 3g salt.
- ⅛ tsp white pepper, ground
- ¼ cup double cream
- 2 scoops PediaSure® Vanilla
- Try a butternut and sweet potato combination as an alternative and add cinnamon to season along with the butter, salt and pepper.
- Boil potato and sweet potato in different saucepans until cooked.
- Drain potatoes and mash while hot.
- Mix together heavy cream and PediaSure® Vanilla until well blended.
- Add to the mashed potatoes together with butter, salt and white pepper.
- Mix until just combined, but do not over mix.
- Serve immediately.
Peach Jellies (Gelatins)
- 160 ml syrup (from tinned peaches).
- 1 Tbsp gelatine granules
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 scoops PediaSure® Vanilla
- 4 drained peach halves, cut into 1cm cubes
- Place peach syrup in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatine granules over it - without stirring.
- Set aside for 10 - 15 minutes until gelatine swells and absorbs the liquid.
- Set the bowl in a larger bowl containing hot water and stir gelatine mixture occasionally until gelatine melts and mixture is smooth.
- Stir PediaSure® Vanilla into cold water until well mixed and add this to the melted gelatine.
- Divide cubed peaches between the cups and pour jelly over.
- Chill 1 - 2 hours until set.
- 150 mL sunflower oil
- 100g hazelnuts
- 150g sugar
- 100g bar of white chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 100g bar of milk chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 100g bar of dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 5 scoops chocolate PediaSure® Chocolate
- 190 mL cold water
- Dissolve PediaSure® Chocolate in 190ml water.
- Blend the sugar, hazelnuts and PediaSure® Chocolate mixture in a blender until very smooth.
- Microwave the chocolate pieces for 2 minutes and stir until melted and well mixed.
- Combine the melted chocolate with the blended sugar, hazelnuts and PediaSure® Chocolate mixture.
- Add the oil and stir until well combined.
- Store at room temperature in a glass jar.
PediaSure Health Bars
- 3 scoops PediaSure® Vanilla
- 100 ml cold water
- 80g butter
- 100g castor sugar
- 60 ml golden syrup or honey
- 250g rolled oats
- 150g dried fruit mixture, diced, e.g. apricots, mango, cranberries, etc.
- 50g assorted seeds, sunflower, pumpkin, linseeds
- 60g coconut flakes
- 80g raisins or sultanas
- Pre-heat oven to 160⁰ C. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper and grease well.
- Dissolve PediaSure® Vanilla in water.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter, sugar, and syrup.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Pour butter mixture over dry ingredients, mix well, and spoon into baking tin. NOTE: Use a spatula to level the surface of the mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Cool completely, cut into squares, and serve.